[lnkForumImage]
Download FREE Software.

News Forum Italiano
 Home | Login | Registrati | Ricerca

Forums >

it.discussioni.auto

Tempi duri pe le case automobilistiche tedesche

MaxDamage

02/12/2019 07:00:02

https://www.ft.com/content/5c304e72-120a-11ea-a7e6-62...

"German auto giants, from Daimler and Audi to suppliers including
Continental and Bosch, have announced that around 50,000 job will be
lost or are at risk so far this year"

Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento
dell'elettrico, tutto grasso in piu' che le case automobilistiche si
portavano dietro, e' ora di mettersi a dieta e rendere profittabile di
nuovo il prodotto senza usare trucchi sulle emissioni del diesel.

per chi non riesce a scavalcare il paywall :

Joe Miller in Frankfurt and Peter Campbell in London

Two weeks ago a bumper crowd of restructuring experts flocked to the
swanky environs of Frankfurtâ??s Villa Kennedy hotel, their sights firmly
set on the casualties of the crisis sweeping the German car industry.

Days later, Mercedes-Benz owner Daimler and Volkswagenâ??s Audi brand
announced more than 20,000 job losses, in the first real signs of the
huge human cost of the sectorâ??s transition from combustion engines to
electric vehicles.

â??The auto industry is in the midst of a far-reaching upheaval,â? said
Volkswagen chief executive Herbert Diess, whose company is seeking to
reinvent itself as a world leader in battery-powered cars.

â??No one will survive in the form they exist today,â? predicted Ralf
Kalmbach at consultancy Bain & Co, who has spent 32 years advising
German carmakers.

The enormous expense of this transformation, he added, has left the
engine of the countryâ??s postwar Wirtschaftswunder, or economic miracle,
facing the â??biggest crisis since the invention of the automobileâ? by
Karl Benz more than a century ago.

It is estimated that the German car industry, which directly employs
830,000 people and supports a further 2m in the wider economy, will be
forced to plough some â?¬40bn into battery-powered technologies over the
next three years.

â??We have seen the first few chapters of the transformation, but this is
a book with many chapters,� warned Ola Källenius, Daimler chief
executive, last month, as he confirmed the carmaker would post
significantly lower profits for at least two years.

German auto giants, from Daimler and Audi to suppliers including
Continental and Bosch, have announced that around 50,000 job will be
lost or are at risk so far this year, as their traditional businesses
become less profitable.

The global economic slowdown, exacerbated by the US-China trade war and
the risk of Brexit, has forced manufacturers to revise heady sales
projections.

They had expected to sell in excess of 100m vehicles in 2019. With just
a few weeks left in the year, that figure is likely to be more like
90m.

Increasingly localised production by the carmakers in China and North
America to avoid tariffs has also sapped the exporting power of
German-based plants, which are left catering to the more fragile
European market.

To make matters worse, a demographic time bomb is ticking, which could
permanently reduce the number of new car buyers, and a new raft of
competitors, including the likes of Uber and Googleâ??s Waymo, are
emerging with products such as autonomous cars that will probably drive
the future of transport.

â??The German auto industry needs to learn to adapt faster, to change
faster,� warned auto analyst Arndt Ellinghorst at Evercore ISI.

Despite these warnings, the premium carmakers have been reluctant to go
â??all-inâ? on electric technology, at the risk of alienating existing
engine-loving customers.

With the electric car market still in its infancy, Daimlerâ??s Mr
Kallenius told investors that the Mercedes-owner would â??not develop
technology for the sake of technology�.

BMW, similarly, has been keen to play-up its traditional expertise.

â??We believe there is still much room for growth in the automotive
sector,â? BMWâ??s chief executive Oliver Zipse said, dismissing the
earnings potential of so-called mobility services, such as car sharing
and self-driving taxis.

â??There is a long-term growing demand for individual mobility worldwide,
especially in the premium segment. The fundamentals behind it are much
stronger than the current dip in the overall market, which is mainly
due to economic slowdown.�

Their confidence, however, jars with the impending bloodletting in the
countryâ??s powerhouse sector.

In the next decade, almost a quarter of a million auto jobs will be
lost in the country, according to Ferdinand Dudenhöffer, the director
of the Center for Automotive Research at the University of
Duisburg-Essen. Smaller suppliers, such as paint shop Eisenmann, have
gone out of business.

Car sales in China, which helped Germanyâ??s biggest brands weather the
financial crisis, have slowed for 17 months in a row, drastically
reducing a key source of revenue at the precise moment it is needed to
fund new technologies.

â??We have kind of the worst situation now,â? Mr Källenius told investors
two weeks ago. â??We have got to do the heavy lifting in the next three
years.�

Despite widespread anxiety in the industry about the lack of demand for
electric vehicles, strict EU carbon-emissions rules are forcing
carmakers to accelerate their production plans, or face billions of
euros in fines from Brussels.

The EUâ??s targets for 2030 can mean that between 7m to 10.5m
battery-powered cars will have to be on Germanyâ??s roads by the end of
the next decade.

Volkswagen, whose first mass-market battery-powered hatchback, the ID3,
is rolling off production lines in east Germany, is â??convinced that the
transition to electric-mobility will gain traction next year,�
according to VWâ??s Mr Diess.

As he announced plans last month to build a further 4m battery-powered
vehicles, Mr Diess was adamant that â??electrification is not a gambleâ?.
But he warned that â??the conversion to e-mobility requires resources,â?
which must be financed from VWâ??s â??traditional businessesâ?.

While the worldâ??s largest carmaker does enough of such business to
absorb the investment costs of converting entire combustion engine car
plants to zero-emission production, Germanyâ??s premium manufacturers,
Daimler and BMW, do not.

â??For the moment, you have to consider that with every electric vehicle,
manufacturers are losing a tremendous amount of money,� said Mr
Kalmbach at Bain. That is not expected to change until the middle of
the next decade.

A heavy reliance on the sales of profitable luxury cars has left
executives with little room for manoeuvre.

â??We had a couple of good years and the necessary work of applying cost
discipline has not been done,â? Mr Kalmbach added. â??Companies added fat
to their waists.�

VW managed to convert its factory in the east German city of Zwickau
without any job losses, and Porsche created 1,500 new roles to build
its new Tesla rival, the Taycan, in Stuttgart.

The unique strength of German labour unions has forced Daimler and Audi
to provide job guarantees, which stretch to the end of the next decade,
while VWâ??s supervisory board is dominated by its powerful workersâ??
representatives and local politicians, who would stand in the way of
mass redundancies.

The cost of shedding jobs in Germany, often estimated at â?¬100,000 per
axed position, forces companies to consider reskilling programmes or
wait for employees to retire.

Yet even the German car lobby, the VDA, predicts that the shift to
electric cars will cause 70,000 jobs to go in the near future, as their
assembly is far less labour intensive, and their components have fewer
moving parts than combustion engine models.

â??Even during the financial crisis, there were hardly any lay-offs
because of agreements with labour unions,â? said Capgeminiâ??s Rainer
Mehl. â??As this crisis gets tougher, there will probably be a need for
deeper cuts.�

It seems Germanyâ??s flagship brands are merely putting off the
inevitable.

This is because they are still too profitable for widespread cuts to be
politically palpable, said Max Warburton, a veteran auto analyst at
Bernstein.

â??In this industry you can only cut jobs in a crisis,â? he added. â??Deep
down, they all know that. They all know theyâ??re going to have to, they
are just trying to postpone the day of reckoning.�

Instead, large carmakers are putting pressure on their suppliers, which
are drastically reducing their headcount to remain competitive.

Continental is doing away with 3,570 positions in Germany alone, while
Bosch will slash thousands of jobs in the next two years, and employees
at ZF have been protesting against looming cuts. The market for petrol
and diesel engine components will decline at 7 per cent a year,
according to a recent McKinsey study.

â??The times are getting tougher, but this industry has always stood up
to the competition and it has the necessary flexibility, determination
and knowhow to withstand crises,� said Bernhard Mattes, the outgoing
president of the VDA.

The engineering expertise that has helped Germanyâ??s carmakers survive
for 130 years would carry them through the tsunami of disruption that
looms on the horizon, he added.

â??We have no reason to be despondent. It isnâ??t the makers of vacuum
cleaners, the postmen or the high-tech firms that launch innovative
vehicles on to the marketâ??.â??.â??.â??The German auto industry will become a
pioneer.�

10 Risposte

MarcoGT

02/12/2019 08:53:15

0

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00:04 AM UTC+1, MaxDamage wrote:
> [...]
> Bosch will slash thousands of jobs in the next two years, and employees
> at ZF have been protesting against looming cuts. The market for petrol
> and diesel engine components will decline at 7 per cent a year,
> according to a recent McKinsey study.
>
> “The times are getting tougher, but this industry has always stood up
> to the competition and it has the necessary flexibility, determination
> and knowhow to withstand crises,” said Bernhard Mattes, the outgoing
> president of the VDA.
>
> The engineering expertise that has helped Germany’s carmakers survive
> for 130 years would carry them through the tsunami of disruption that
> looms on the horizon, he added.
>
> “We have no reason to be despondent. It isn’t the makers of vacuum
> cleaners, the postmen or the high-tech firms that launch innovative
> vehicles on to the market?.?.?.?The German auto industry will become a

Bene, il problema è che risentirà parecchio anche l'Italia visto l'indotto

(Ogekuri)

02/12/2019 09:34:33

0

Il giorno lunedì 2 dicembre 2019 08:00:04 UTC+1, MaxDamage ha scritto:

> Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento
> dell'elettrico, tutto grasso in piu' che le case automobilistiche si
> portavano dietro, e' ora di mettersi a dieta e rendere profittabile di
> nuovo il prodotto senza usare trucchi sulle emissioni del diesel.

se non hai argomenti non inventare, su :D

MarcoGT

02/12/2019 10:02:47

0

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:34:36 AM UTC+1, Dr. Ogekuri wrote:

> se non hai argomenti non inventare, su :D

Tutto fa brodo per elogiare le polistil

MarcoGT

02/12/2019 10:03:53

0

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00:04 AM UTC+1, MaxDamage wrote:

> Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento

Minchia, e chi cazzo sei
lavori nei sindacati tedeschi?
mancano 3 settimane alla fine dell'anno e ne fanno fuori 50k?

ma almeno sai di che cazzo parli?
hai idea di come funziona qui il mercato del lavoro?

dai su, basta cazzate
parla di ciò che sai

Mo-do+

02/12/2019 11:21:54

0

MarcoGT <marcogt@gmail.com> ha scritto:r
> On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00:04 AM UTC+1, MaxDamage wrote:> https://www.ft.com/content/5c304e72-120a-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f... > > "German auto giants, from Daimler and Audi to suppliers including > Continental and Bosch, have announced that around 50,000 job will be > lost or are at risk so far this year"> > Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento > dell'elettrico, tutto grasso in piu' che le case automobilistiche si > portavano dietro, e' ora di mettersi a dieta e rendere profittabile di > nuovo il prodotto senza usare trucchi sulle emissioni del diesel.> > > per chi non riesce a scavalcare il paywall :> > Joe Miller in Frankfurt and Peter Campbell in London> > Two weeks ago a bumper crowd of restructuring experts flocked to the > swanky environs of Frankfurt?s Villa Kennedy hotel, their sights firmly > set on the casualties of the crisis sweeping the German car industry.> > Days later, Mercedes-Benz owner Daimler and Volkswagen?s Audi brand > announced more than 20,000 job losses, in the first real signs of the > huge human cost of the sector?s transition from combustion engines to > electric vehicles.> > ?The auto industry is in the midst of a far-reaching upheaval,? said > Volkswagen chief executive Herbert Diess, whose company is seeking to > reinvent itself as a world leader in battery-powered cars.> > ?No one will survive in the form they exist today,? predicted Ralf > Kalmbach at consultancy Bain & Co, who has spent 32 years advising > German carmakers.> > The enormous expense of this transformation, he added, has left the > engine of the country?s postwar Wirtschaftswunder, or economic miracle, > facing the ?biggest crisis since the invention of the automobile? by > Karl Benz more than a century ago.> > It is estimated that the German car industry, which directly employs > 830,000 people and supports a further 2m in the wider economy, will be > forced to plough some ?40bn into battery-powered technologies over the > next three years.> > ?We have seen the first few chapters of the transformation, but this is > a book with many chapters,? warned Ola Källenius, Daimler chief > executive, last month, as he confirmed the carmaker would post > significantly lower profits for at least two years.> > German auto giants, from Daimler and Audi to suppliers including > Continental and Bosch, have announced that around 50,000 job will be > lost or are at risk so far this year, as their traditional businesses > become less profitable.> > The global economic slowdown, exacerbated by the US-China trade war and > the risk of Brexit, has forced manufacturers to revise heady sales > projections.> > They had expected to sell in excess of 100m vehicles in 2019. With just > a few weeks left in the year, that figure is likely to be more like > 90m.> > Increasingly localised production by the carmakers in China and North > America to avoid tariffs has also sapped the exporting power of > German-based plants, which are left catering to the more fragile > European market.> > To make matters worse, a demographic time bomb is ticking, which could > permanently reduce the number of new car buyers, and a new raft of > competitors, including the likes of Uber and Google?s Waymo, are > emerging with products such as autonomous cars that will probably drive > the future of transport.> > ?The German auto industry needs to learn to adapt faster, to change > faster,? warned auto analyst Arndt Ellinghorst at Evercore ISI.> > Despite these warnings, the premium carmakers have been reluctant to go > ?all-in? on electric technology, at the risk of alienating existing > engine-loving customers.> > With the electric car market still in its infancy, Daimler?s Mr > Kallenius told investors that the Mercedes-owner would ?not develop > technology for the sake of technology?.> > BMW, similarly, has been keen to play-up its traditional expertise.> > ?We believe there is still much room for growth in the automotive > sector,? BMW?s chief executive Oliver Zipse said, dismissing the > earnings potential of so-called mobility services, such as car sharing > and self-driving taxis.> > ?There is a long-term growing demand for individual mobility worldwide, > especially in the premium segment. The fundamentals behind it are much > stronger than the current dip in the overall market, which is mainly > due to economic slowdown.?> > Their confidence, however, jars with the impending bloodletting in the > country?s powerhouse sector.> > In the next decade, almost a quarter of a million auto jobs will be > lost in the country, according to Ferdinand Dudenhöffer, the director > of the Center for Automotive Research at the University of > Duisburg-Essen. Smaller suppliers, such as paint shop Eisenmann, have > gone out of business.> > Car sales in China, which helped Germany?s biggest brands weather the > financial crisis, have slowed for 17 months in a row, drastically > reducing a key source of revenue at the precise moment it is needed to > fund new technologies.> > ?We have kind of the worst situation now,? Mr Källenius told investors > two weeks ago. ?We have got to do the heavy lifting in the next three > years.?> > Despite widespread anxiety in the industry about the lack of demand for > electric vehicles, strict EU carbon-emissions rules are forcing > carmakers to accelerate their production plans, or face billions of > euros in fines from Brussels.> > The EU?s targets for 2030 can mean that between 7m to 10.5m > battery-powered cars will have to be on Germany?s roads by the end of > the next decade.> > Volkswagen, whose first mass-market battery-powered hatchback, the ID3, > is rolling off production lines in east Germany, is ?convinced that the > transition to electric-mobility will gain traction next year,? > according to VW?s Mr Diess.> > As he announced plans last month to build a further 4m battery-powered > vehicles, Mr Diess was adamant that ?electrification is not a gamble?. > But he warned that ?the conversion to e-mobility requires resources,? > which must be financed from VW?s ?traditional businesses?.> > While the world?s largest carmaker does enough of such business to > absorb the investment costs of converting entire combustion engine car > plants to zero-emission production, Germany?s premium manufacturers, > Daimler and BMW, do not.> > ?For the moment, you have to consider that with every electric vehicle, > manufacturers are losing a tremendous amount of money,? said Mr > Kalmbach at Bain. That is not expected to change until the middle of > the next decade.> > A heavy reliance on the sales of profitable luxury cars has left > executives with little room for manoeuvre.> > ?We had a couple of good years and the necessary work of applying cost > discipline has not been done,? Mr Kalmbach added. ?Companies added fat > to their waists.?> > VW managed to convert its factory in the east German city of Zwickau > without any job losses, and Porsche created 1,500 new roles to build > its new Tesla rival, the Taycan, in Stuttgart.> > The unique strength of German labour unions has forced Daimler and Audi > to provide job guarantees, which stretch to the end of the next decade, > while VW?s supervisory board is dominated by its powerful workers? > representatives and local politicians, who would stand in the way of > mass redundancies.> > The cost of shedding jobs in Germany, often estimated at ?100,000 per > axed position, forces companies to consider reskilling programmes or > wait for employees to retire.> > Yet even the German car lobby, the VDA, predicts that the shift to > electric cars will cause 70,000 jobs to go in the near future, as their > assembly is far less labour intensive, and their components have fewer > moving parts than combustion engine models.> > ?Even during the financial crisis, there were hardly any lay-offs > because of agreements with labour unions,? said Capgemini?s Rainer > Mehl. ?As this crisis gets tougher, there will probably be a need for > deeper cuts.?> > It seems Germany?s flagship brands are merely putting off the > inevitable.> > This is because they are still too profitable for widespread cuts to be > politically palpable, said Max Warburton, a veteran auto analyst at > Bernstein.> > ?In this industry you can only cut jobs in a crisis,? he added. ?Deep > down, they all know that. They all know they?re going to have to, they > are just trying to postpone the day of reckoning.?> > Instead, large carmakers are putting pressure on their suppliers, which > are drastically reducing their headcount to remain competitive.> > Continental is doing away with 3,570 positions in Germany alone, while > Bosch will slash thousands of jobs in the next two years, and employees > at ZF have been protesting against looming cuts. The market for petrol > and diesel engine components will decline at 7 per cent a year, > according to a recent McKinsey study.> > ?The times are getting tougher, but this industry has always stood up > to the competition and it has the necessary flexibility, determination > and knowhow to withstand crises,? said Bernhard Mattes, the outgoing > president of the VDA.> > The engineering expertise that has helped Germany?s carmakers survive > for 130 years would carry them through the tsunami of disruption that > looms on the horizon, he added.> > ?We have no reason to be despondent. It isn?t the makers of vacuum > cleaners, the postmen or the high-tech firms that launch innovative > vehicles on to the market?.?.?.?The German auto industry will become a > pioneer.?Bene, il problema è che risentirà parecchio anche l'Italia visto l'indotto

Ma infatti...
--
Mo do

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/...

Mo-do+

02/12/2019 11:22:47

0

MarcoGT <marcogt@gmail.com> ha scritto:r
> On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00:04 AM UTC+1, MaxDamage wrote: > Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento Minchia, e chi cazzo seilavori nei sindacati tedeschi?mancano 3 settimane alla fine dell'anno e ne fanno fuori 50k?ma almeno sai di che cazzo parli?hai idea di come funziona qui il mercato del lavoro?dai su, basta cazzateparla di ciò che sai

Cosa sa? È un cazzaro.
--
Mo do

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/...

MarcoGT

02/12/2019 11:31:06

0

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 12:22:50 PM UTC+1, Mo-do+ wrote:

> Cosa sa? C un cazzaro.

gliel'ho chiesto apposta
aspetto ancora la risposta su "tesla guadagna si/no"
ma la risposta non arriva

non ne sa un cazzo nemmeno lui, ma fa l'esperto su tutto

INGat90

02/12/2019 18:09:26

0

MaxDamage scriveva il 02/12/2019 :
> [...]
> components will decline at 7 per cent a year, according to a recent McKinsey
> study.
>
> â??The times are getting tougher, but this industry has always stood up to the
> competition and it has the necessary flexibility, determination and knowhow
> to withstand crises,� said Bernhard Mattes, the outgoing president of the
> VDA.
>
> The engineering expertise that has helped Germanyâ??s carmakers survive for 130
> years would carry them through the tsunami of disruption that looms on the
> horizon, he added.
>
> â??We have no reason to be despondent. It isnâ??t the makers of vacuum cleaners,
> the postmen or the high-tech firms that launch innovative vehicles on to the
> marketâ??.â??.â??.â??The German auto industry will become a pioneer.â?

SEI
UN
POVERO
COGLIONE
MENTECATTO

INGat90

02/12/2019 18:10:29

0

MarcoGT ha pensato forte :
> On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00:04 AM UTC+1, MaxDamage wrote:
>
>> Gia' quest'anno 50K posti di lavoro in meno per l'avvento
>
> Minchia, e chi cazzo sei
> lavori nei sindacati tedeschi?
> mancano 3 settimane alla fine dell'anno e ne fanno fuori 50k?
>
> ma almeno sai di che cazzo parli?
> hai idea di come funziona qui il mercato del lavoro?
>
> dai su, basta cazzate
> parla di ciò che sai

cazzo vuoi che sappia,rischiano di saltare 25mila posti di lavoro in
italia,ma lui gongola sto coglione di merda

INGat90

02/12/2019 18:11:17

0

MarcoGT ha usato la sua tastiera per scrivere :
> On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 12:22:50 PM UTC+1, Mo-do+ wrote:
>
>> Cosa sa? Ä? un cazzaro.
>
> gliel'ho chiesto apposta
> aspetto ancora la risposta su "tesla guadagna si/no"
> ma la risposta non arriva
>
> non ne sa un cazzo nemmeno lui, ma fa l'esperto su tutto

ha preso ingegneria meccanica,in 8 anni,ma l'ha presa.probabilmente col
trota in albania